It seems like time is going by at mach 10 speed! I can't believe it's June already. Don't get me wrong I love June, but I just can't believe how fast this year has gone.
A year ago this week I left EKS&H and started work at Eaton Metal. Although I wasn't sure to start that this was the right decision, it's been amazing. I've been able to take a step back and take care of myself and my husband for the first time since we got married. I did miss being around tons of people that were my age and educated and driven. Actually I still do miss this but every time I think about how sad I am to be away I realize what I've gained. Jesse and I spent more than our fair share of time being upset with each other before the change and although it's not perfect now things are good :). I feel like I actually have time to appreciate him and I know he loves having me around now.
I also turn 29 on Saturday. How did this happen??? I feel like just yesterday I graduated from Fort Lewis at 23. Somehow the last 6 years have flown by. I guess I'm a little freaked out to be celebrating the last birthday of my 20s. I think when we got married I thought we'd have a baby by now. Everyone tells me I'm young and I have plenty of time, but the fact of the matter is that I really want to have kids. Jesse and I have talked about waiting until we were 30 to have kids since before we were married, so I would have guess that this is the year to start trying. Well, life happens and rarely goes according to plan. Jesse started back to school this spring to do something where he really is going to be happy. We know this is where God wants us to be but it's hard to get that plan out of my head. I'm going to have sit back and see where God leads us, but right now it seems that having kids while Jess is in school is just not going to work. Too busy, too much money, etc etc. The fear I'm going to have to get over soon is that it will never happen. Whether it does or not I need to be ok with the plan God has set up for us.
1 comment:
Crazy to see what God does in our lives. Glad to hear that you guys are doing good. I know I even have to remind myself to sit back and see what God has planned - hard to do at time; but so much better when we let God plan.
Post a Comment