Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Prayer

So far it's been a crazy crazy week. and it's only Tuesday!!! Yesterday was the start of a new month and so that comes with lots to do. Basically my job is produce financial statements on a monthly basis for the company I work for, so each month I have lots of reports and reconciliations to do for the prior month's activities. AnywayI'm also starting to sit in on meetings with the executives of the Company to look over those results. Due to some travels and also delay in the department we were talking about April financial results this morning and it struck me that I need to pray for the people making decisions at my company. I've never been great at prayer. I do believe that I have an internal dialogue with God on a daily basis but it's not formal like prayer. More like he knows what I'm thinking and surprises me sometimes by showing me things, but I can't say that I'm always listening very hard. The Company I work for although not hit as hard as some has seen its fair share of layoffs in the last several months. I can only imagine what it must be like for the president of our company to know that he's got so much weight on his shoulders. The company I work for has been around for 90 years and family owned/operated the entire time. What a responsibility to keep things going and to provide jobs for so many people. Anyway, I'm committing to start praying for the leadership of our company. I'm excited that God is showing me that I've got purpose for where I am beyond just crunching numbers. I'd never thought about needing to provide support through prayer to leadership. I'm excited to see where this is going to lead.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: