My family is making me crazy! So we've been trying for two weeks now to schedule a birthday/father's day dinner with my family. Apparently this year we had to celebrate all the June birthdays (mine, Jesse's and my brother's) plus father's day all at once. I was not a fan of this idea. Given that I already share my birthday week with Jesse and we usually end up sharing time with family I thought it was a bad idea to try and combine everything. My step mother however did not listen and they continued on.
So I thought it was going to be last Sunday which I was cool with because it was still my birthday weekend and we were going to celebrate. As per usual with my parents though Devin (my brother) couldn't do it so the world stops and we have to reschedule. Fine, I was pretty unhappy with this given that we'd made no other plans and I just felt kind of dumped. My Dad came over Saturday and dropped off the hammock he got for me which was nice but it seemed like he couldn't leave fast enough. Happy Birthday Jess. So no the dinner gets rescheduled to the following Saturday (which is Jesse's actual birthday). Well again Devin can't make it at the time the family has scheduled and rather than saying gosh Devin that's too bad, the whole world stops. (I know I'm being sarcastic but I'm mad!) Devin wants to have dinner ridiculously early so he can make some other plans he has. My patience is very thin now given that not only did I get dumped the actual weekend of my birthday he didn't even have the decency to call me and wish me happy birthday....oh no I get a text (see actual copy of the text below):
"for what it's worth, happy birthday sis...my life is a sh**storm of activity these days and it slipped my mind...i hope you had a good day!"
Translation....I'm too busy to care about you. Combined with getting totally dumped a couple weeks ago when I tried to have coffee with him when I went to Ft. Collins I'm just irritated.
I've tried a couple of times to explain what's been happening to my parents...they don't care.
Well now with all the drama surrounding this birthday dinner I don't want to go. Nor does Jesse. He's under an enormous amount of stress between things at work and keeping up with his classes. Jesse posted on Devin's face book that he thought it was too early and he'd catch up with him later. Instead of calling Jesse I get a phone message and later a phone conversation with my Dad where he sounds angry because Jesse has decided not to go. The dinner is now at a normal time on Sat and Devin can either come or not.
AGGGGGH!! Has anyone ever had a relative that you'd like to ring his/her neck? How did you handle it?
2 comments:
Oh yeah babe! My favorite family member should not be mentioned, lest someone figure it out. But, needless to say, we (Jerome & I) have had to really cut some ties. We are still separating ourselves from this person, but it's hard. You have to choose whether to live with the pain & hurt for the rest of your life, and put up with their junk, or be willing to possibly not talk to that person for a while. It's not an easy decision to make. You may make people mad, but that is their choice, not yours. I remember the world revolving around Devin when we were in college - interesting that it hasn't stopped since. We'll be praying for wisdom & peace for you.
I'm so sorry! That totally sounds yucky and I can understand the anger. How frustrating! Nice bday text too....Anyway, were you/are you and Jesse able to do something you guys want to do and not have to worry about everyone else too? I hope you can go away for a nice dinner or something fun to make your birthdays special. I think Tiff's advice is good. Mark and I don't live near family so that kinda helps with that stuff. We don't have to deal with all that very much. So sorry! Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment