This week has been crazy but in the midst of it all I got to see God work yesterday! I love it!
As everyone knows the economy has been in the toliet the last year or so and this has been no exception at the company I work for. From people either being laid off due to a reduction in the amount of business we are doing or people still working here with unemployed spouses there is stress in regards to money. I work with a bunch of ladies with varied backgrounds but one in particular I feel for. Her husband has been unemployed for over a year. She's the sole breadwinner for her family of 6. She's constantly worried about how she'll pay her rent and buy groceries plus all the other things that come up in a month. I couldn't blame her!! Anyway, she's had some issues with her bank account this week and had absolutely no money! I wanted to help somehow but I felt a little strange about giving someone money at work and didn't feel like it was a good precedent to set. So I prayed for God to help her somehow.
Well the company I worked for turned 90 years old yesterday....that in itself is amazing, thinking about that it survived the great depression and many other down times in between has been really cool. Yesterday morning my boss started calling people one at a time into her office (which was really strange!) I was a little worried that she might be handing out pink slips or something but it was way better than that! She gave us an envelope with a letter from the owner/president of the company with a letter thanking us for helping to make the company a success and with a $100 bill in it. $100 doesn't seem like a lot but this company typically doesn't give bonuses...so it was a huge deal. When the gal I was previously talking about came back to her desk after receiving her envelope her face was lit up with a huge smile. The $100 would get her through until she got things resolved with her bank (because it was in cash she could use it with out having to cover fees which would eventually be reversed).
I was so happy to see the stress lifted off of her for just a little while :) Anyway I just wanted to share this and also to write it down so I would remember this when it seems that something is impossible. Look what God did!!
2 comments:
That is great! It is so cool to see God work in big & small ways. I have been learning about how important it is to keep track of those moments. They are "this far You have taken me" moments, that will inspire us to keep going in the face of trials. Thanks for sharing!
So awesome! Love to see it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment