Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

How is it that you look forward to having time off for weeks and then it comes and goes in a flash! It was really nice to have today off though.

I got busy with painting finally. I decided to tackle the small bedroom (which is currently going to be guest room but we've planned to be a baby's room at some point). I've struggled hard since we moved in (in August) to get started with decorating. I litterally have hung 2 pictures and looked at a lot of websites and shopped a lot but nothing really concrete has happened as far as making this feel more like our home. I taped off the bedroom last week and put primer on Sunday. My stepmother, Kathy (who I call Mom) came over this morning and we popped up the color on the walls after a 2 hour trip to Lowes. I love Kathy, but she seems to know someone wherever we go which results in extra long trips out. Anyway it was fun and we came back with this beautiful shade of honey creamy yellow. We got one coat up on the walls but I think I'm going to have to head back to Lowes this week to get another gallon to do a second coat. I'm going to do the trim in Bistro White (I think it just looks white but whatever). I figure if I do a room each month maybe by our anniversary in September I will have at least the main floor of the house done. Although painting is alot of work it makes me excited because it really means that we are finally homeowners which I count as such a blessing!

It rained a bunch this weekend too which I was excited about! It is making our lawn very lush and making the veggie plants I put in last weekend grow like crazy. I need to do some outside stuff soon so I'm hoping it will dry up soon.

Overall a very good weekend and hopefully is the tone for what the rest of this summer is going to be like!

No comments: