YAY! I finally got past my funk from last week. Thanks for the encouraging words from my friends by the way! It does mean a lot that people read my blog and understand my temporary freak outs.
I spent most of my weekend emptying out the extra bedroom in our house which had previously been used as a guest room and my sewing room. I love to craft! I've got tons of projects started that I need to finish so this was quite an undertaking. My Step-Mom, Kathy, came over and helped me sort through all of my stuff and fold all the fabric so it will fit in the space I have available. I do have some stuff left to move but it's minimal compared to what was there. Jesse is going to rehang my peg board to hang up my rulers and other tools and then I'll be good to go. I worked out a deal with this lady I work with to sell the futon in that room so before long I'll have a clean slate, to start putting together a nursery. We're losing a guestroom, but we only had one guest in the entire time it was set up to be one.
Now that I have the plan to empty out the baby's room I have to figure out all of the furniture and stuff to make it be a nice place for the baby to start living in. The decisions are overwhelming! What kind of crib? What kind of mattress? Will you have the baby sleep in a bassinet next to you at first? What kind of theme are you going to have in the nursery? Are you breastfeeding? Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Are you going to work after the baby comes? Where will he/she go to daycare? Are you going to use cloth or disposable diapers? and on and on and on....
I would say that I'm generally pretty good at decision making. I think things through and I'm logical in my approach, but how will there possibly be enough time to reason through all of these decisions? Let alone what's coming next. In cause you can't guess from my posts, becoming a parent generally scares the poop out of me! There's so much data that says what kind of parent you are determines what kind of kid you will have....That's a lot of pressure!!! I know I'm not going to be perfect at this but the decisions about all of this are sort of overwhelming me right now. I'm doing ok just taking one at a time for now, I hope that works after the baby comes :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're feeling better. I found myself having ups and downs the entire 9 mos. One Christmas, with 3 mos to go, I was driving home and a song on the radio made me cry. I mean, I was really bawling, then I realized how crazy it was to be crying over Frosty the Snowman. But driving home that day it was just so sad that he melted in the end. Be glad you aren't that emotional! makes me laugh now. Cheers, Dionne
Jessica, I had a doula and she was so helpful in helping with a lot of those decisions. I didn't have the option for furniture or decorating for a baby room but in regards to the health of your baby and breastfeeding and for her to be at the birth as an added support was priceless. It is an idea. I asked my doctor and he gave me a referral.
Post a Comment