This week seems like it should be a big week for me. I'm turning 30 on Sunday....how the heck did that happen? Just a second ago I was in college and none of my friends had kids and we didn't have any real responsibility yet. I've been struggling like crazy not to let this milestone get me down. I felt like I maybe hadn't come as far as I wanted to before I hit 30 and then I sat back and started to think about what I really have accomplished. So in keeping with my friend Tiffany's post about turning 30 (http://blegerchaos.blogspot.com/2010/05/30-reasons-im-glad-im-twenty-ten.html) here are the top 30 reasons I'm glad to be 30.
1) I know Jesus.
2) I'm married to the very best guy I know!
3) I get to have a pets that recognize me as the one that feeds them and loves them.
4) I don't have to live in an apartment anymore.
5) I can be recognized for my talents/abilities but also can learn from others.
6) I have time to persue things I'm interested in.
7) I'm making progress at relationships that were hard for me before (mostly with my mother).
8) Learning is still exciting.
9) I've accomplished some things professionally- highest of which so far was getting my CPA.
10) I still have room to move up professionally.
11) I still have family around ( Granmda especially!).
12) I'm more comfortable with my body and my appearance than I have ever been.
13) I can pay to get my nails done :)
14) Fabric stores- especially sales at fabric stores excite me :)
15) I never ever ever have to go back to Junior High.
16) I can appreciate the things my parents did to help me be successful but at the same time not repeat their mistakes.
17) Jesse and I can still have kids.....someday.
18) I have learned to take a step back and look at things when they're not working and I have the courage (some of the time) to change them.
19) I get to be friends with my Dad.
20) I'm not even half way done with my life yet :)
21) I can make decisions without having to justify myself.
22) Being organized is an asset rather than something that makes me weird.
23) It's more important now to have deep friendships than many friendships.
24) I'm still the youngest person in my office :)
25) I can still bend down to garden and play with the dog without too much argument from my knees.
26) Technology doesn't scare me.
27) I have learned when to say "No".
28) I'm getting better at standing up for myself.
29) Inside jokes are still funny....especially with my hubby :)
30) I'm still in progress!
2 comments:
I love you sis! You are an amazing woman, and I am so glad we get to share our birthdays every year!
Happy Early Birthday beautiful lady, and I am thankful for you friend.
Post a Comment