Friday, July 4, 2014

Well Hello Again- Lots of Changes!

Well- so I've been gone for like a year!  Not really but I haven't touched my blog.  There's always excuses but the major one is that I was just living my life.

To catch you up......Daniel is 3 now and the absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to us!  Jesse's and my marriage is strong and we're about to celebrate 10 years in September.  Where did the time go?

I am no longer working at Kaiser.  I had been fairly unhappy for a long time both from an advancement perspective as well as the current boss I had.  I looked off and on for a while and found something for a tiny bit less Money and less benefits back in April.  I started May 6.   It's turned out to be a fantastic decision but it's always a scary thing to make a change like that.  I have to say I was very nervous.  I'm settling in and really like my new boss!  She's very supportive of both family life and growing professionally.

I was traveling alot for the new job during May and June (4 out of the first 6 weeks at the job).  We are incorporating a new company that was purchased in January .  The biggest change about this job is that the Fiscal Year ends in June.  I have always worked at companies where the busy time centered around the Calendar year end.  SO this year I get two year ends (finishing the one at Kaiser and the new one), but my Christmas should be a lot less stressful!

After all the travel I was feeling really bad and decided that I needed to do something about my weight.  I had been ignoring it for about 2 years but I was starting to get heartburn again and just generally feeling bad about how I felt in my skin.  It made my confidence lower.

So last Saturday I signed up with Weight Watchers and went to my first meeting.  I'd tried Weight Watchers a few times before we had Daniel but never wanted to do the meetings.  I guess there was something about it that made me think I'd be weighing in front of a ton of people and I just couldn't cope with the embarrassment.  I did the Slimgenics program for about 16 weeks before I got pregnant with Daniel and lost almost 35 lbs.   I felt great but then got Pregnant while I was still on plan and quit.  I gained back everything.   So anyway after all was said and done when I weighed at the WW meeting Saturday I was at 218 lbs (the heaviest I ever remember being!).  I was kind of shocked but then again not.

So I got with it.  This week I have logged everything I've eaten (which was a struggle for me on EVERY diet I've ever done) and I stayed within my points allotment.  I also decided to up my activity but that has always been a struggle for me.  Fortunately at work they are doing a Pedometer challenge.  We are all shooting for 10K or more steps per day.  I decided to buy a Fitbit to help me keep track.  It's super motivating!  I haven't made 10K each day (but 2/4 completed days) I've done it.  Earlier in the week I so close that after Daniel went to bed, I was out in the yard doing some things to try and push it over the mark.  I was tired but I kept moving until I felt the thing buzz.   I check it throughout the day and I've been taking walks during the day to try get my steps in.

So I'm setting out some goals here to help me remember what they are and stay on track:

1) Follow WW plan and log everything I'm eating (even if it's not on plan).  I need to take ownership of my own decisions.
2) Stay active and get at least 10K steps per day.  If I'm close I need to keep going until I get there.
3) Find creative ways to cook and enjoy eating vs just eating Salad.
4) Make my goal weight of 150lbs by my 35th birthday (June 6, 2015).
5) Blog at least once a week about how things are going.
6) Celebrate successes! and feel good about myself because that's the whole point of this!

Success this week:
Logging everything I've eaten! and staying below my points target.  Using the day off Friday to make a test walk to the weight watchers center (about 2 miles from my house).  I walked there and back!

So I'll let you all know how things go tomorrow after my weigh in!  I'm looking forward to seeing how my hard work this week paid off!  I also anticipate starting some pictures.  I know this seems a bit narcissistic, but I want to look back and remember what this weight looks like so I don't go back!  I want to look and feel good.  We are thinking about having another baby but I'm not sure I can keep up at this weight (not to mention starting a pregnancy too heavy to begin with).

Here we go!

No comments: