Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weeks 3 &4- Catching Up

Hi There-

I fully intended to blog last week but I got busy!  One of my really good friends is having twins in September and we threw a diaper/baby shower for her on Sunday.  I spent all of Saturday working on home chores and final preparation for the shower.  Thankfully I was only in charge of decorations so I was not a complete mess by the time I got to the shower.  After we were done with the shower we came home I was hoping to rest.

My husband was laying in bed when I got home complaining of kidney pain.  We laid down for about an hour and then determined we needed to go to urgent care.  We went to Urgent Care and then they sent us to a free-standing emergency room right in the town we live in.  That was nice but I was a little skeptical they could help him.  I have worked for a large integrated healthcare insurance company for a couple of years and so we were really comfortable with how that worked.   He ended up getting fluids and meds for suspected kidney stones.  We got home about 9:30 (Thank God for my parents who put Daniel to bed and sat with him until we got home!)  I ended up having to go back out because the pharmacy was backed up....finally hitting the pillow at midnight.

I was up and rolling but tired on Monday.  My week was crazy busy because of year end.  I'm still pretty new at my job, however, there never seems a shortage of things for me to learn.  I feel a little bit lost but I'll get through the next couple of months and have a really firm grasp on my job.

So now to the weight loss stuff.

Week 3- was a little rough.  I gained .2 lbs!  I was disappointed because I'd done everything I was supposed to and I still had that result.  My guess was that it was some salty soup I'd had for lunch on Thursday but who knows.

Week 4- Was much better!  The drama from the weekend was behind me and I was feeling pretty good.  I also found the gym on our floor that's essentially a PRIVATE gym.  I was in there at lunch on Thursday and first thing in the morning on Friday.  I am doing the eliptical for now and trying to build up the amount of time I can go.  Thursday was 15 minutes, Friday was 21 minutes.  My plan is try and get in there Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the week as well as getting a walk in each day at lunch.  I also walked to my WW meeting on Saturday both weeks and today I walked for 90 minutes to a park in my area and making a huge loop to come home.  I feel awesome!  Things that used to make me dread them are just easier now.  After my long walk, I came home and mowed the lawn...that was a huge deal before because it would make me exhausted.  Now it's no big deal :)

Ok now for the numbers.

Week 3-
#1- Tracked it all, stayed under my PP allotment.
#2-10K Steps per day:
        Sat 7/12 =13403 (Rocked it!)
        Sun 7/13 = 8155
        Mon 7/14 =9322
        Tues 7/15= 10373
        Wed 7/16 =8849
        Thurs 7/17 =8275
        Fri 7/18 =7263
       Avg for the week = 9326
Still need to keep at it here!
#3 New and Exciting foods-Nothing terribly exciting (or at least that I an remember at this point.
#4- Weight Loss Goal (150 by June 2015)- Gained .2 lbs :(  I kept going though so that's what counts right?
#5-Blog- A week late but still here.
#6- Feeling good and pushing through discouragement.

 


Week 4-
#1- Tracked it all, stayed under my PP allotment.
#2-10K Steps per day:
        Sat 7/19 =14848 (Rocked it!)
        Sun 7/20 = 10046
        Mon 7/21 =6459 (Year End :( )
        Tues 7/22= 7340
        Wed 7/23 =5530 (Ugh Year End strikes again!)
        Thurs 7/24 =10048- Found the gym at work!
        Fri 7/25 =7263
       Avg for the week = 8738
Still need to keep at it here!  Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day but I'm feeling more motivated to move so the weeks should get better from here.
#3 New and Exciting foods-Our garden is starting to produce and I got to use this killer zucchini we harvested to make a saute of tomatoes, ground turkey sausage, onions, garlic.  I served it over pasta and it was awesome!!
#4- Weight Loss Goal (150 by June 2015)- Lost 1.4- Current Weight 212.6 (at WW center), Total of 5.4 lbs lost- Which means they clapped for me at the WW meeting on Saturday and I got a start to put in my WW book :)
#5-Blog- Caught up :)
#6- Feeling awesome and hoping to see some changes in my body soon.

Ok here's some pics:

 

I can't see much difference but I feel great!

Btw- I've been wearing the same outfit each week on purpose so I can see how it feels different over time.

Zucchini from our garden.
View from my walk on Sun 7/27




No comments: