Hello friends- sorry it's been a bit since I posted last. Pregnancy and getting ready for the baby has kept me really busy the last several months. Things are going well and we are right on track for the due date- in 16 days! I finished up Daniel's room over the memorial day weekend and need to finish up the thank you notes from the baby showers I've had. That's a whole different post though :)
So today I'm thankful for Drywall- more specifically I'm thankful for a bathroom that's being remodeled. About a year and a half ago we noticed that there was stuff starting to leach up from a tile in the bathroom near the tub and the toilet---not good. I decided that I would pull the tile up and try to replace it and see if that would fix it. When I got the tile up we found water and it just got worse from there.....needless to say the entire bathroom came out all the way to the studs. We were going to do it ourselves but then things came up and it became evident that we needed to hire someone to get it done before the baby was born. We had to save the money to do it.....lots of money but we finally got there this last month (while saving for me to be on maternity leave). It's very exciting because now we'll have a fresh clean bathroom to start off with Daniel and with all the friends and family coming to visit it will be nice to have a fresh clean non-leaking place for them to use the restroom. We picked out some nice finishes and I'm excited about how everything is going to look :) We'll finish this and then we have a bathroom in the basement that needs to be redone....fortunately we have time to work on it and it's functioning ok right now (except for the shower) so we'll get by :)
Here's a photo of where things stood this morning and I can't say how impressed I am about how fast they moved yesterday- from studs to this :)
No comments:
Post a Comment