So we finally have an end date for this pregnancy :) We went to the Dr this afternoon and I was still only 1 cm dilated at 40 weeks and 3 days. I haven't been sleeping well and I'm very uncomfortable....I can hardly sit in my chair at home to work. When the Dr told me I was only 1 cm dilated I sat up and started crying. How could I be past my due date and only dilated 1 cm??? We had tried everything to get labor going: walking, mexican food, going for a ride on a bumpy road, being intimate with each other and a weird one my roomate told me abut squeezing my achilles tendon. I was so frustrated that I didn't know what else to do. She told me that I wouldn't be pregnant for very much longer and sent us to do some additional tests including an ultrasound to measure the fluid around the baby and a non-stress test to make sure that his heartbeat was ok. Everything came out ok, so the Dr decided that we should induce labor on Saturday. I'm totally relieved to have a date when I know this is going to come to an end. I am excited to meet my son and start the time where Jesse and I can work on being parents together. We are going to enjoy the next few nights together and Jesse is going to take Friday off work to relax before we start this ride. The induction will start at 8 pm Saturday evening with some medication that's supposed to work overnight and then we'll see what happens from there. So we decided to come up with a creative way to tell our friends on facebook. Here's that and a picture of me from today- I can't believe how big I've gotten (I'm ready for this to be over!)


No comments:
Post a Comment