I have been busy busy in my sewing room! Last weekend I moved most of my sewing stuff upstairs. We had a guest room that we had only had one guest in the two years we've lived here. I decided last week to move everything upstairs and take advantage of a room with a door and the wonderful light that comes from the window. Part of me was holding off doing this because I thought we'd have a baby soon but God's timing is perfect and we'll get there when He has it planned for us :)
Last weekend we bought a grill and while we were at Home Dep*t, we got some peg board to put up in the sewing room. We didn't get it put up until during the week but I spent a lot of time in there organizing (which is one of my very favorite activities!). I still need to clean out the little closet that is in there but I have a bunch of craft stuff in storage in the basement that I want to bring up and put in there.....we're hoping to do that tomorrow.
So in the mean time here are some pictures of things I got done in the sewing room this week :)
| One corner of a small room- I found the | shelf at a garage sale last year. |
I also made a purse for a woman I work with. It was a L*zy Girl Designs pattern and it's the same as the one I made last weekend but with color. I was pretty happy with how it turned out :)
I got out and about today and found a quilt shop in Broomfield called Tomorrow's Heirlooms. Unfortunately they were going out of business but I did find some cute fabrics! I'll be making some more bags soon :)
4 comments:
enjoy that new sewing/craft/you space .... congratulations on the new job!!! love the bag....I just can't seem to get enough bags lately....
Your sewing room is so great! How wonderful to have it all organized (I love doing that too!). My sewing machine is under a table....And I can't wait to hear how this new chapter in your life goes. Praying it's wonderful!
I'm so happy for you! New job, good friend, and a sewing room! Nothing like having space to work in! I'll put your other "project" on my prayer list ;) Many blessings to you, and can't wait to hear how the new job goes!!
Oh I love you friend! I can just picture your smile as you sit in there and create.
Post a Comment