Saturday, August 14, 2010

What I did with my Saturday :)

Love love love Saturdays!  I got to have an "Oil Change" date with my husband (we walked over to Starbucks while our oil was changed in both the cars), I got weighed in (no progress), I got to visit three different quilt shops :)

The shops were:
Harriet's Treadle Arts (http://www.harriethargrave.com/findus.asp) in Wheatridge- Very cute!
Emily's Sewing Basket- (http://www.emilyssewing.com/main.html?src=%2F#2,0) in Lakewood- I loved this shop because Emily who the store is named after was the owner's daughter.  She died from a heart condition but her Mom opened this shop to remember her.  She graduated from Fort Lewis too!  So it was neat to have that kind of connection.  I got a very cute pattern here.
Golden Quilt Company- (http://www.goldenquiltcompany.com/about.htm) in Golden- This shop is really neat! Lots of good fabric at a decent price.  I got my friend Corri a birthday present here- she's turning 30 in a couple of weeks.   I also got some cute Black and White Fabric here.

I got to come home and relax with Jesse for a little while :)

I've been thinking about moving my sewing machine up to the guest room for a while.  It has better light and I will be able to close the door when I'm not in there to keep the cats from "helping" with my projects :)  I spent some time sewing in here today and got some ideas....the biggest of which I think Jesse will be able to help me with.  I'm going to put a peg board up to organize all my rulers and other tools :)

Anyway, while I was thinking about how I wanted to organize things I made this!







Grover thought the sunlight in the new sewing room was perfect! 

All and all a great day!  I'm headed out now to get some more fusible fleece with my Joann's coupon and get myself some dinner :)  Hope your Saturday was as good as mine :)

No comments: