Wednesday, March 3, 2010

General Update

Well I guess it's been a while since I posted anything.  I get sort of caught up in work and life and forget that I should write here.....so here's generally what we are up to.

Jesse just finished a class on editing sound for school.  He's learning so many cool things and I'm hoping that he'll be able to start using it somewhere...either just on his own or in some other capacity.   He also just started a video editing class which he seems to be really good at.  I'm very proud of him!

I'm studying for the CMA- Certified Management Accountant Exam.   It's similar to the CPA exam only for people not in practice of public accounting., but in Industry.  It covers cost accounting and some other general business types of things.  It's been hard to make myself be disciplined and study but I think I'll be glad I did it when I finish.

My car is still in the shop from the accident.....grrr!  They tell me it will be back at the end of this week but you never know.  As it is I've been driving the "mini-mini van" or at least that's what Enterprise called it for about a month.   I miss my Camary!  The other thing is that, Calvin is terrified of the rental car so if I want to take him to daycare in it he's very hard to coax into it.  Jesse and I have switched cars at least once just to make him more comfortable.....yup we're dog people.

The bathroom remodel is sort of at a stand-still.  We decided to get an estimate to have someone do the tile work for us.   Sometimes it's just better to know what you're limits are and we decided that were good at demo, but possibly not at laying tile.  The guy came out and looked at it yesterday and we're waiting to get numbers back from him.   We've also decided that we're going to redo the tile on the walls and we need to demo that.  We'll see how much this is going to cost, but at least I'll have a really pretty bathroom when it's all finished :)

Work is going well, I'm just getting back into the swing of things after year end, but we're working on ways to make things go faster.  I'm hoping I can get some more training on a particular program we use soon....we'll see.

Anyway, that's about it from my neck of the woods....have a great day :)

No comments: