I had a great weekend! It's the first time in a while that I haven't worried about getting some work done. The first weekend or two of each month I'm working hard on getting the reconciliations and sales taxes done for work. I left work Friday after being able to finish absolutely everything :) I even had my desk cleaned off which is pretty amazing for me.; Because I was able to relax this weekend I had a great couple of days off!
Saturday I had a hair-cut appointment in the morning and then went to have lunch with my Dad. I had been working on hemming some pants for him. He liked what I did so much that he gave me 7 more pairs to do :)

After we got done having lunch we came back to my Dad's house. My Dad, just bought his neighbor's pull-behind trailer. He already has one but it's really small so he decided to sell that one and buy this other one (so if you know anyone that's looking for a trailer...), so the neighbor and Dad were working on playing musical trailers....fun stuff! Dad's neighbor on the other side had his 1929 Model T. Of course I got talked into going for a ride, but how fun!!!
After I got done at my folks house I went and order another pair of glasses. I have been noticing that my eyes are tired at the end of the day at work so I'm going to try and wear glasses more often. I had gotten that transitions stuff on my first pair of glasses where it dimms them to dark glasses in UV rays. I noticed in our office they never seem to get completely clear and it's kind of annoying, so I got a pair without that on it. I went to the fabric store after that and I have signed up for a sewing class to make a designer purse...lol....we'll see what that looks like when it's all done, but I'm excited to be taking another sewing class.
Speaking of sewing, I spent all evening Saturday and virtually the entire day on Sunday sewing some dresses to help with my friend Tiffany's collection of children's dresses to take to Haiti sometime soon. I made two super cute dresses. I also learned how to use the button hole feature on my sewing machine. I love learning how to do new stuff on my machine. I also went through a lot of the notions and odds and ends in my sewing area and got things organzied....here's some fun pictures.


1 comment:
Oh my goodness Jess! Those dresses are beautiful! The little girls will be so blessed by them. You are such a treasure. Thanks for being my friend. Love you!
Post a Comment