"I'm not where I need to be, but Thank God I'm not where I used to be!" - Joyce Meyer-
Monday, March 15, 2010
Baby on the Brain
I've been thinking about this post for a while, debating whether or not I should even put it up, but I'm going to be bold. I'm ready for kids...at least I think! Every where I go I keep noticing kids (especially babies) to the point of almost obsession. It seems like every friend I know is either pregnant or just had a baby. Even ones where there have been an especially long road getting there. I can't help but think...when's it going to be my turn? It's not like we've been trying hard to get pregnant or that even my husband is 100% ready for it but I'm not patient. I know this about myself and I working on it. It's hard to look around and realize that in a little bit less than 3 months I will be 30...not that this is especially old or prevents me from having kids but my mind runs away and I just picture making it to 40 and beyond and still just being in the same place with no kids and working. I love my life for the most part but, I have a great husband, job, nice house, pets that love me, good relationships with my family, but I just can't help but think I'm missing something. Is it wrong to be longing after something like this? I've seen my friends set their heart before the Lord about this and somehow it always works out.....Am I not doing that? I just wish I knew what to do to move on with my life, either to have a child or to have the desire leave. I'm sort of rambling now but I needed to say this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally! I've known for a while - just waiting for you to admit it. That is totally when you know you are ready - when you see more babies than anything. That desire, that only God can place, is a great thing. I will be praying for you guys, for Jesse's heart in this, for you. Love you sis! And can I just say, YIPPEE!!!
Things will happen in just the right time Jess. God will make your heart ready and your man's heart ready. I am excited you are ready to jump into this new adventure. It took us a while to be ready for kiddos and we had a lot of trouble having Emmmie come along. She is our little miracle kiddo.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Much love to you!
-Breezy
Post a Comment