Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday- Coffee!

Well it's Thursday again, which as my friend Tiff pointed out....means that tomorrow is Friday!

I've been struggling a lot this week with attitude at work. It seems like I would get to about 2 in the afternoon and I just couldn't stay awake. It's been hard to focus on it and be happy there but I'm sure as most things it will pass. This morning I got up and was determined to have a good attitude and not be cranky. I lasted about 5 minutes when I got up to take the dog out and realized that I was out of coffee. This is a very big disruption to my morning (I'm sort of addicted to coffee).

The thing is that it's more the ritual of coffee that makes me happy than anything. When I was in college, I got to live this amazing girl (Tiffany Tucker then but now Tiffany Blegert). Tiffany did so much for me when we lived together but mostly she taught me to be comfortable with who I was and to revel in the little things. Tiffany also taught me to love coffee! She got me started drinking coffee each morning. I can remember so many mornings when I would start a new pot and Tiff would warm up the left0ver coffee from the day before (still something I can't bring myself to do!)

Anyway, I made it through today! My attitude wasn't even that bad.
I'm thankful tomorrow is Friday! I'm thankful for coffee which makes me feel grounded and reminds me of good times. And most importantly I'm thankful for good friends who no matter how far away you live and how long it is between visits it's just like yesterday when you see each other again. Happy Thursday :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww - I love you too! And I'm so glad you're doing Thankful Thursday. It's good for you! Love ya!