I haven't posted in a while. Not that I haven't wanted to but but I'm not that great at expressing what's going on so it takes a little bit of prodding to get going. I love blogs though! I've had a blast keeping up with friends that way. It's a little more of a personal way to keep in touch with people.
Update for the last couple of weeks.....
-Jesse started back to school the first part of April. He's doing a bachelor's in Interactive Media through the Art Institute online. This has been a huge trust exercise for me. I'm the money police in our house (go figure the accountant handles the checkbook). So it was a little scary to me to take on more student loan debt and also to cover the out of pocket stuff. I think it's going to be so good after he's all done though. He seems so motivated and happy to be finally focusing his energy on something he's proud of and interested in. So we jumped in with both feet :)
-Spring is coming and going in Denver. We've had days of 70 degree weather and then 5 inches of snow! I'm ready for Spring to come and stay. Jesse has been working on a plot in the backyard for our garden. We both really wanted a garden when we bought our house so we're working on that even though we've got things like painting that really need to be done. The seedlings I started a few weeks ago are starting to actually look like plants....pictures to come later.
-Work has been a little crazy. A gal that's a Staff Accountant and her husband will be leaving us at the end of May because he's got an oppourtunity in Seattle. It's working out well though because they were concerned we may have to lay someone off so this fends off a catastrophe for someone in the department. I'm working so hard to trust God that this is the place I'm supposed to be. I've struggled at times because it's so different from the public accounting firm. I love the challenge of learning a new system and understanding from a detailed to a high level how the accounting works for the company but it's also frustrating because I haven't made the friends that I had at the last job (except for the gal that's leaving!). It's lonely at times which makes me think that I really should get on it and join a church group but we still haven't gotten to it.
-The puppy graduated from the first class of obedience training. He's very sweet but sometimes has more energy than Jess and I can handle. I've decided that he's training us for kids....lots of patience required :).
That's about it. Off to tackle another day.
1 comment:
Wow, you guys have been busy! It was good to get an update, though. And yes, yes you two do need to get involved in a small group. You know you need to. JUST DO IT!!!!
Post a Comment