Friday, March 6, 2009

Office Pet Peeves

I've been working in an office type environment now for about 8 years (between things I did at college and since graduation). I don't think until you've worked in an office you can truely appreciate some of the strangeness that goes along with working in an office. I'm not going to make a habit of complaining but given that I've had a couple of these building this week.

  1. Strange repetitive noises that annoy people around you. Clicking pens, blowing air through your teeth, singing, putting the radio at such a volume where specifics can't be heard but you know it's still there.
  2. Smelly foods! Even though you think your smelly garlic bread tastes good it doesn't smell good hours and hours later! Also Tuna fish in the office is a no-no!
  3. Share the fridge. Don't bring in two weeks of groceries and make it impossible for anyone else to put their lunch away.
  4. People that think the "maid" will clean it up. This applies to all parts of the office but specifically the fridge. Don't spill something and expect that someone else will clean up!
  5. The One-Uper. I know you think your story is better than mine but didn't your mother teach it was rude to talk over someone.
  6. The Butinksy- Don't but into other people's conversations. It's rude to walk into the middle of a conversation....didn't your mother teach you any manners!
  7. The Whiner- Nobody really cares if you're having a bad day so don't walk around whining about it.
  8. Captain Obvious. I really don't need you to walk through the office and tell me it's hot/cold outside. I do have skin and can feel it.
  9. People who don't read. If a sign that says the copier is broken is posted on the copier, it's sort of stupid to walk back out of the mail room and ask "Is the Copier broken?"
  10. And my all time pet peeve (this week anyway)....Don't take a peice/bite out of a donut and put it back in the box. This is nasty! I don't want your left overs!
Ok. I'm done whining now but I just had to blow off a little steam. Happy Friday! Here's to a weekend away from the office.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I think pet peeves are hilarious. And you didn't disappoint! Great stuff.