Monday, August 15, 2011

Mommyhood- Week 7

Well I'm stealing a minute to update my blog- or at least I'm trying to while the baby takes a morning nap.  I'm hoping I have enough time to do this and grab a shower, but I'm sure every mother out there knows what I'm talking about.  There is a surprising lack of time to do anything that I want to and everything goes toward Daniel...not that I mind, I just didn't anticipate the immense draw of my time.  This week he has woken up even more.  He's spending longer and longer periods awake and I'm not exactly sure what to do with him when he is awake :).  I'm new at this baby stuff.  So far the mobiles on his crib and play pen work great to keep him entertained except that he could watch them for hours and the little crank on them only goes for about 90 seconds at the most.  I ordered a battery operated mobile which should arrive sometime this week.  I also ordered a play mat that seems like it will help...same idea as the mobile with toys for him to watch and grab at.   Just curious though, what do you do with a baby to keep him entertained??  Thankfully today we are going to New Mommies Network at the hospital and then maybe out to lunch but I have a whole lot of the week to fill and not a whole lot of ideas. 

I decided that this blog was starting to sound like all the reasons I hate being a mom and that's not it at all so I'm going to think of at least 2 things each week that make me happy about being Daniels Mom.

1- He totally misses me when I'm gone :)  I can tell because he calms down for me and looks right at my face when I return :)
2- He makes me laugh- I was burping him and I could hear him sucking on his arm.  When I pulled him down and looked at his arm- the little stinker had given himself a hickey on his arm! Good thing I don't have to explain that one.  Only my kid would suck so hard on his arm that he gave himself a hickey!

No comments: