"I'm not where I need to be, but Thank God I'm not where I used to be!" - Joyce Meyer-
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Open Mouth Insert Foot
My office always has a dinner out with our accounting/admin group after the end of the year is closed and the audit is finished. Well tonight was the dinner. We went to the Olive Garden and we were making conversation. The man who owns the company is very busy most of the time and his wife helps him out by coming to social events. I was sitting across from her and we were talking about moving and how hard that is. She menstioned that she'd been in her house for over 30 years and that she'd hate to have to go through everything to move from there. I said "Oh, at that point you probably should just burn it down". One of the other ladies at the table starts saying something about a house fire where they had lost the house some 30 years before.....sometimes I wish I would think before I spoke. Oh well she laughed it off but why oh why would I say something like that??? Open Mouth, Insert Foot!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment