"I'm not where I need to be, but Thank God I'm not where I used to be!" - Joyce Meyer-
Monday, January 4, 2010
Knee Deep in a Bathroom Remodel
I think I'm crazy! We started out the year by having my folks over for dinner on Friday. We ate dinner (I redeemed myself from a roast I made for them shortly after Jesse and I got married) and we played the Wii. Anyway, Saturday morning Jesse and I embarked on a project that I'm not sure we'll survive and come out on the other side! There was a cracked tile in the bathroom which was fine until some liquid started leaching up out of the tile and into the bath mat (GROSS!!!). We decided we were going to demo that broken tile and the one under the toilet and replace them. It was going to be a slam dunk! So far we've found a lot of rotten plywood.....not good. The plan has now changed significantly and we're going to demo all the tile, replace the rotten plywood with new plywood and the concrete board that was supposed to be there in the first place. Then we're going to retile (including up along the side of the bathtub) with something different, repaint and reuse the same vanity, replace the mirror medicine cabinet, paint the interior of the bathroom, replace the toilet and then probably take a deep breath! I'm hoping that I can get through without too much freak out. At the very least I have Jesse to keep me calm and help. Wish me luck and we'll post pictures as we go. Oh and by the way- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know you two will do awesome! Welcome to home ownership! Don't feel too bad - we're doing the same thing to the Palmer's bathroom for the same reason right now.
Yup. Tiff's right. And it is definitely a crazy adventure! Can't wait to see before and after pics! Good luck!
Post a Comment