Friday, September 25, 2009

5 YEARS!

Woohoo! I've been waiting to write this post for a while. I'm celebrating 5 years of being married to my very best friend today! We've grown so much as individuals and as a couple over the course of our marriage. I'm excited to see where we will go as we move along in the next 50 years!










Given that I view this as sort of an electronic scrapbook, I thought I would share some great memories and pictures from our wedding day. We got engaged in July of 2003. We really wanted a nice outdoor wedding but neither one of us is hot weather people so we decided to have a fall wedding. The date got set and we spent a long time planning (we were engaged a total of 15 months!). I was sort of a perfectionist and poored over the invitations and the dresses and whatnot but I had to budget very carefully given that we paid for a lot of the wedding ourselves. We were able to get a couple of things that saved us a lot of money. 1) Jesse's step-sister Christine had a talent for photography and offered to do our pictures for free! 2) Jesse had worked at a venue for weddings while he was in high school and kept a good relationship with the family that owned it- so they gave us a great discount!







The day finally came. We had each asked special friends to stand up with us that day. Jesse asked his friends Mike Mosher, John Fildes and Dave Herbst. I asked my good friends JoAnna Lee, Corrilee Patterson (she's now Corri Kielmeyer) and Trisha Burbach. Each of the girls had played a special part in my life and I was so happy to have them with me. Sortly after I asked Trisha if she would be in the wedding she called me and said that she would be pregnant at the time of our wedding. It didn't ocurr to me but she was VERY pregnant the day of the wedding (her son Brody was born a month later).




Anyway, the morning of the wedding was beautiful and sunny! I got up from the bed and breakfast where we stayed. We got showered and had breakfast and then my good friend/college roommate, Tiffany did my hair. I got ready and we took pictures with the girls and my parents, godparents, etc. Finally, it was time fore the wedding to start (about 10 am). The bed and breakfast where we stayed was on the other side of the lake. We all hopped on the bus and went around the lake to the wedding site. I barely remember the ceremony but it was perfect. We finished and went over to the building for the reception. We were barely inside and it started raining (talk about perfect timing!!). We had brunch and then danced a little. We did father/daughter and mother/son dances. Jesse had forgotten to tell his Mom we wanted to do that so she looks very surprised in all the pictures!! The rest of the day went by in a blur, but it was magic like I'd to hoped.




























1 comment:

Jo said...

Yeah.. 5 years. So happy I could share it with you guys. Although it does not seem like it has been that long... in a good way.