Monday, April 30, 2012

Swap it up!

So awhile back I signed up for a swap....you make something for someone and they make something for someone else and you end up getting to sew and you get a cool new thing.  Well the deadline to get it in the mail is May 1- TOMORROW!  So I finally got busy this weekend and  made what I had been planning.  I first saw the project on Pintrest and then I found the book it came from at the Library.  I had to renew it twice...oops, but I finally got around to it this weekend :)    The book was called "Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing" by Anna Maria Horner.  It has several neat projects in there.  There is also a fabric ball that I want to make for Daniel from scraps of fabric I have.  Since I had to buy the stuffing for the pin cushion I figure why not?  The woman who I got assigned to swap with said she likes Black, White, Red and Bling :)

Here's my project: 


Here's my pin cushion caddy.  It has a little compartment in the center.

My swap person said she liked bling so I added a couple of blingy buttons.  Very fun :)


Here's a picture of my pin cushion and the bag my swapper sent to me!

No comments: