Sunday, April 29, 2012

Catching Up!

Wow- has it really been over a month since I've posted anything?  Life is BUSY!   It occured to me this evening as I downloaded pictures from the camera that I should blog so I remember what we were doing in April 2012 :).  I'm fairly certain that nobody but me reads this but at least I'll have it written down for me.

Daniel is getting big fast!  I can't believe it but he turned 10 months old on Thursday.  He is still army crawling but gets faster all the time.  We've had to put up a couple of baby gates and put those little plastic plugs in
all the electrical outlets.  I'm finding though that all the baby proofing in the world still will not keep your child from finding some way to make you cringe because they are getting into something you never anticipated.  Daniel like most kids bypasses the toys (which of course we've spent good money on) for "toys" like laundry baskets and plastic hangers.  He also really loves "chasing" the cats.  Thank goodness they figured out he can't get through the baby gates- yet. 

Daniel was really hurting from the second of his top teeth coming in about a month ago but when it finally came in he went back to normal.  He got back to sleeping all the way through the night and generally back to his happy self.  Well the last two nights he's had some difficulty sleeping and I think he's getting some more teeth.  I guess it comes in cycles but Thank God for the happy times in between because he really is the joy of our life right now :)

Jesse seems like he's had a rough month.  He's been sick again.  I thought I would get sick alot this first year of Daniel's life but I really haven't.  It's been Jesse.  He ended up with Strep Throat last weekend (thankfully Danie and I did not get it!) and just this weekend got to the point where he wasn't having pain.  I hope his immunity catches up to the rest of us sometime soon!  He's also been a little scared.  His Dad was in for some tests at the beginning of April which turned into him ending up with a Triple Bypass Surgery.  He came through the surgery well but he's got to take time to recover.  He is self-employed so the pull of work may be really hard for him to ignore.  I'm hoping he can take the time he really needs to get better.

I've been really busy at work!  My job goes in a monthly cycle because we're an accounting department.  We spend the first part of the month closing the prior month and the last half of the month is less busy but dedicated to projects.  April was very busy because it was the end of the quarter and there are some additional reporting requirements.  Also a woman in our group was fired for performance issues.   It's always rough to watch someone be let go,but in this case I think it will be good for the department.  They decided not to rehire the position as we're implementing a new software that will make that position unnecessary within the year.  Everyone took a little piece of her job and I spent the last week or so being fairly frustrated that her written procedures were not really up to snuff.   Although things are busy it's always opportunity to prove that we can do a good job and make things better than when we found them.    Since I went back to work in September I have struggled with not being home with Daniel, but this is the way things are for now.  I'm so thankful that I have a job that's at least interesting and keeps me busy so the time away from home goes quickly and isn't too painful.

On the home front I feel like I always have plenty to do but I'm not sure that would be different even if I was home full time.  We started full bore with the yard work in the last several weeks.  We set up our garden beds a couple of weekends ago and will be getting all the dirt ready to go next week.   The week after that we'll probably go buy plants to get things going.  We also started mowing the lawn for the season.  We're doing things a little different this year.  I'm mowing/weeding the front yard and Jesse is doing the back.  It seems to be working and I'm enjoying getting the exercise and sunshine. 

Well I'm sure that was more update than anyone really cared for but this is my digital journal/scrapbook and I figure I better at least try and keep things up. 

Here's some pictures I thought were the best as I downloaded them from our camera this weekend.





No comments: