After a year of being too tired, busy, pregnant, nursing...etc to actually get something done for Friday Night Sew In I finally got it together to actually sew something! It must be that time of life but I've had two friends in the last several weeks that had baby girls. Both are premie and still in the hospital. I decided I wanted to make each of them a quilt. I'm still really unsure of machine quilting (would love to figure out how to do it. I ended up doing a lot of stitch in the ditch before I attached the backings on these. My hope is that over time I'll figure it out.
 |
| For Lila! |
 |
| I used Minky to back this with- which is the first time I've done anything with that fabric. It's so soft! Perfect for a baby quilt :) |
 |
| For Elise! |
 |
| This quilt was made from a charm pack of Twirl by Me & My Sisters Designs. I found some yellow flannel in my stash and found some green flannel at JoAnn's. |
|
|
I'm so excited that I finally was able to get something done. I'm back!
4 comments:
Cute quilts. Those little girls (and their Moms) will love them. Minky is awesome isn't it?
hello - I am visiting via FNSI list... those quilts are so pretty.. and look like they will be so soft and snuggly....
Hugz
Hi visiting from FNSI...Nice to meet you! Those quilts are adorable. The Mommies will love them:) I love that Twirl and was thinking about getting some...I think I have to now haha!
Very nice work. see ya soon!
xxx susie
Hi, nice blog, pls look-up true-shapherd.blogspot.in
Post a Comment