Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Results- Tag Blankets

2 FSNIs in a row!  I may be on a good roll here!  Actually it's mostly due to my supportive hubby who takes the baby while I take time to sew.  I actually only sewed for an hour last night but got to put in another hour or so this morning so I'm counting it toward FSNI :)

I made a couple of taggie blankets- one for Daniel and one for a friend's little girl.  I plan to give it to her next weekend for a gift when she is baptized. 

And now for some pictures :)

Here is the second one (I forgot to take pictures of the process last night).  Sorry the lighting is so bad but my sewing space is in the basement).

I included some of the crinkly material that you find in lots of children's toys.  Daniel already has a couple of toys with that in there and loves it!

Here's my little St. Patty's day leprechaun with his new tag blanket.

Daddy was being silly and put the tag blanket on his head.

I forgot to mention that my new Toy IPad came yesterday so I was watching Netflix while I sewed- can't think of a better evening!

Here are the two finished blankets sitting on the table out back.  Gotta love that it was already 70 before lunch!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your little Daniel is precious! Don't you love taggy blankets? I give them as gifts often. Your blankets turned out cute-clever idea to put the crinkly stuff in there. Minky is so soft for the backing.

Tricia said...

I love your tag blankets! I need to get on the ball and make one before my daughter is too old for one. Where do you get the crinkly fabric from? She loves that stuff!