Friday, January 27, 2012

Epiphany! (Well maybe not quite that important)

So I'm working from home today which is definitely one of the perks of my job.  About once or twice a month I get to work form home....sometimes even more than that.  Today I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to get my laundry done before the weekend starts.  I have to say I hate laundry!  I've been doing my own laundry since I was about 10 and I generally do most of the laundry for a family but it's not something I enjoy at all.  It's not really the actual putting it in the machine or transferring it to the dryer that I really mind it's the part that comes after that.  It's folding everything and putting it back where it belongs.  I think it's mostly because I hate having to wait until everything is done to be able to avoid multiple trips to the same, drawer, closet, or part of the house.  Now with the baby laundry it's worse if it gets mixed in with ours because it's smaller and I can't figure out how to fold a onsie so it stays put or figuring out how to pair up those little disappearing socks...

Anyway, I'm changing my method.  Rather than sorting things by color (which to be honest I haven't done in a long time because I just wash everything in cold).  I'm going to begin with the end in mind.  I sorted everything by what happens to it after I'm done washing it.  I've got the following piles going:

-Hang up (this can be whether it runs through dryer or hang dries).
-Washer/Dryer/Fold
-Towels and Other Random stuff
-Underwear and socks
-Baby stuff (I can deal with sorting his because it's all in one location)

So obviously my life is so full that I cannot think of anything to blog about besides laundry but that's two posts in one month from me....are you impressed?  What are your tips, tricks for handling the choas at home?  I'm trying to get better at this but it's going to take a while.

Happy Friday!

No comments: