Monday, April 26, 2010

Michigan- Part 1

I finally got to take some vacation!  I traveled up to Michigan to see my Grandma RuthAnn (Ashley) Thursday (4/22) through to Sunday (4/25).  It was a much needed break.  My attitude the last several weeks was aweful and I just needed to get away.  Jesse drove me out to the airport nice and early (we left at 4:30 am!) on Thursday morning.   My flights went exactly as planned and it was an overall good trip out there.  The rental car had one of those fancy GPS units that audibly alerts you to the next turn.  This was really nice since the last tieme I'd been out to my grandma's house it was in the middle of the night and I got really lost.   Grandma lives near Mason, Michigan (the closest big city is Lansing) but I flew into Detroit which is an hour or so by car.   We got to enjoy lots of time together.  I love listening to her stories and knowing about my family.  She is a wonderful story teller and it was so fun to gather some more.  I am writing this first post from work so I don't have the pictures I took available to include here.  I'm thinking that I would post a few things with pictures and write down some of the stories she told me while I was there.   I want to continue this as my digital scrap book so look for more :)

By the way, the time away from work did me good!  My attitude is better and I'm not taking things so stinkin' serious! 

This is what I'm thankful for this week (I know it's not Thankful Thursday, but so what!)

Jess

No comments: